Need help buying LG RE44SZ21RD

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by scott.saunders, Mar 14, 2005.

1. scott.saunders

scott.saunders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Newbie alert!

Having found this site through Google, i used the huge amount of information and user feedback to finally decide on the LG 44" DLP rear proj TV. Now that i've decided, and before i change my mind, can you guys help me again by recommending the best place to buy from?

So far i've checked Comet (who'll knock the price down to £1,399) and an internet place called 247Electrical (who do it for £1,150 plus £50 del).

I obviously want the best deal, but only if it means dealing with a reputable and trustworthy company.

Anyone got any comments, advice, past experience etc etc?

much appreciated

Scott. :smashin:

2. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503
  3. dubledene

dubledene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    without sounding negative dont buy it its crap i had 3 from comet all were crap rainbows all over the shop dot crawl on sky AND DVD unstabl pic noy i have a sagem and its sooo much better i think lg should stick to what they know

4. scott.saunders

scott.saunders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks guys. Interesting stuff.

Much as i'd love to be able to afford a better quality RP, my wife-enforced budget won't stretch to more than £1400, which puts the Sagem well out of my price range. My choices are:-

(1) Stick with my current 32" CRT (with intermittent fault) :thumbsdow

(2) Buy an LG 44" for about £1.4k :smashin:

(3) Buy a cheap s--t plasma for <= £1.4k :confused:

I'm not expected cinema quality images or explosive sound - just a big ass screen which'll make TV, DVD and PS2/Xbox games look great. Support for the PS3/Xbox2 high-definition output (composite?) is essential too.

To buy or not to buy? That is the question... :lesson:

5. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's quite negative. I have the LG in my bedroom while I wait for a friend to raise the money to buy it from me. I replaced it with the Sammy. I have to say the pq with my dvd through composit was great. Still is. Love watching it. The pic can be great on tv or sky, depending on whether or not the show is very dark or not. True, you can get a rainbow on dark backgrounds (if you notice these sort of things and stare at it enough) but really, for the price, it is stylish and gives a very good pic. Admittidly I have the most recent update.

6. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503
    You can get a tosh for under £1500