Need help buying a HDTV for my consoles.

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Sean007s, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Sean007s

Sean007s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guy's, I was just wondering what type of HDTV you'd recommend for all three consoles(Wii/PS3/360)?

I'm looking for a HDTV that is around 27-32" and I've found two that are similar in specifications but I really am curious what you guys think.
    I haven't bought a HDTV before so I am really new to this.

Anyway since the site I found the HDTV I might be interested in is offline right now, I'll simply give out the specifications that are important. Not like how many HDMI's ports it has as that doesn't matter with me.

So the HDTV I'm looking at:
    32" 1080p.
    50 herts or refresh rate.
    4-5ms.

Can anyone really tell me if this is a good buy for console gaming, I can only afford some of the cheaper HDTV's as I'm not heavy on money right now. And anymore details like what cables to buy, for example: some HDMI cables are more expensive and some have gold connectors. I'd like to know why and what ones to get for my consoles. I apologize for my grammar as it is quite late, but thanks very much for any help guys!

2. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Look at the 32C530 from Samsung, has good feedback for gaming (about the lowest lag of around 14ms, I don't think there are any at 4-5ms, or do you mean the response time?) and is around £300. I'm no gamer so go demo for yourself and search the site for owners threads

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003EEM1...de=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B003EEM1M4

Do NOT waste money on costly HDMI cables, there is no discernible difference, especially with lower end TVs which aren't going to have gold plated connections. Just buy one for a fiver from Amazon. Scart is different if you have any of those

The number of HDMI ports might matter depending on how many bits of kit you want to connect! :)