• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Need help building a Gaming Computer

ThermicLine

Novice Member
After about 3 years of using a premade Alienware computer, I want to build my own gaming computer. The Alienware I have now is slow, laggy, cannot load games at 60 fps, and often can't even load a number of games that are in my Steam library without a couple of extra tries. Is there any advice anyone can give as to where I should start to build my gaming computer? Any place to check for prices of parts, quality, etc? Thanks in advance.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
If I were you, I'd come up with a budget and a rough list of what you need (monitor? OS? etc), as well as your target gaming resolution (1080p / 1440p / 4k).

Then check the sticky thread at the top of this forum for ideas, use a site like part picker or scan and put a shopping list together. Post this list back and the experts here will have a look :)

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Only 3 years old ?

Have you tried a clean install in that 3 years, maybe after 3 years the OS is a bit cluttered and slowing down.

What spec is your current machine ?

Dave2

As per the other two we need more detail.

Budget e.g what you have to spend

What is your current specs.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom