Need Help! Another what tv request!

lee636

Standard Member
Hi all,

Hoping I can get some help deciding on what tv to buy (I know there are so many of these). Think im over thinking things to be honest but below are requirements/uses etc. Trying to get a samsung ue50tu7100 - just gone down to £350 on a couple of sites but everywhere is out of stock and no one has any idea if/when they might be back. Also seen the hisense u7qf - over the budget below but could stretch maybe.

- TV is my first 4K and going to be a tv used only in the bedroom (will upgrade properly for the downstairs one once we move house etc.) and can only really go up to 50". Distance is roughly 5.5/6ft away so maybe a 43"?

- Used mainly to watch normal SD content, some HD like Netflix and Prime and a lot of PS5, the PS5 is the main reason to go to 4K at this point but not expecting 120fps, HDMI 2.1, VRR and all that esp at this price.

- Budget is around £400 and I'd like to stick more or less to this but up to say £500 max.

- Current 42" TV is on a wall mount that swivells and new TV will go on the same mount.

As mentioned above, first 4K, mainly getting it just to use with a PS5 as a solid 4k 60fps, current is 1080p/60, after I upgrade the main living room tv next year this will solely just be a bedroom tv for SD/HD content so doesnt need any sort of major bells and whistles as far as the PS5 goes atm.

Hope it all makes sense, let me know if more info is needed!

Thanks!

vickster

Distinguished Member
Perhaps have a read here

Hi all,

Hoping I can get some help deciding on what tv to buy (I know there are so many of these). Think im over thinking things to be honest but below are requirements/uses etc. Trying to get a samsung ue50tu7100 - just gone down to £350 on a couple of sites but everywhere is out of stock and no one has any idea if/when they might be back. Also seen the hisense u7qf - over the budget below but could stretch maybe.

- TV is my first 4K and going to be a tv used only in the bedroom (will upgrade properly for the downstairs one once we move house etc.) and can only really go up to 50". Distance is roughly 5.5/6ft away so maybe a 43"?

- Used mainly to watch normal SD content, some HD like Netflix and Prime and a lot of PS5, the PS5 is the main reason to go to 4K at this point but not expecting 120fps, HDMI 2.1, VRR and all that esp at this price.

- Budget is around £400 and I'd like to stick more or less to this but up to say £500 max.

- Current 42" TV is on a wall mount that swivells and new TV will go on the same mount.

As mentioned above, first 4K, mainly getting it just to use with a PS5 as a solid 4k 60fps, current is 1080p/60, after I upgrade the main living room tv next year this will solely just be a bedroom tv for SD/HD content so doesnt need any sort of major bells and whistles as far as the PS5 goes atm.

Hope it all makes sense, let me know if more info is needed!

Thanks!

Bear in mind that SD upscaled to 4K doesn't look good, particularly on budget models. If it was me I'd delay the PS5 and put the budget towards the TV.

lee636

Standard Member
Thanks both.

The only reason for mentioning the PS5 at this point is I already have one. Putting that money towards the next living room TV doesnt need to be a factor at this point and Im not going to spend a big amount on just a bedroom tv - its literally to get a little 4K gaming as Im only 1080p atm.

Dodgexander

Provided you don't use HDR you'll be fine with a cheaper TV like the TU7100/TU7000. The Hisense U7Q will get you decent HDR in some titles, but be a problem with others. It's a good option for someone who wants to dabble in HDR but doesn't have the budget for a higher end TV.

TV stock can be low due to the pandemic but Samsung have plenty of model numbers for TVs that all perform more or less the same, anything TUxxxx is about the same picture quality.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom