• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

need help and info

broono83

Standard Member
Hi, I`m looking to buy a HD tv and was going to get sky HD as well. I have pretty much decided that I want an LCD screen (when is SED out?). I have about 600 to spend on a screen, about 26 - 28" hopefully

what can you recomend?

I saw a few LG ones today with XD engine they looked awesome - are these good systems?

also with regards to sky, I have normal sky just now, how much will an upgrade cost? What is a quad LNG cable or whatever it is?

and finally, a few of the tvs i have seen don`t have HDMI ports, is this important?

thanks, chris

broono83

Standard Member
thanks thats a good link. any ideas to the other questions?

also, I`ve seen a lot of flat screens in pubs and bars :rolleyes: but a lot of them seem to have lots of pixelation, especially during football (and spanish football on sky seems to be worst) have newer models improved on this?

scouse258

Banned
i think a large number of lcd's now have response times which are under 8ms so this helps

the main problem is that if the signal in is crap then the picture will be crap - i get fuzzyness on my sky feed and ive been told that sky hd solves alot of this problem

dan54

Established Member
got a 26"lg myself - dont understand why it doesnt get mentioned more on this forum.Anyway sky hd costs £300 quid for the box and a tenner a month,and you need hdmi or dvi to receive it- hope this helps.(someone correct me if any of this is wrong)

broono83

Standard Member
right, so finally. is this XD engine feature ok? I read a lot of people saying this and that about image filtering systems

also how long will it be until SEP is available, I`m pretty impatient so i`ll probably buy something now unless its likely to be around in about 6 months

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom