Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

need help/advice please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jumbopants, Jun 26, 2004.

1. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've got a sony davsc5 with the surround sound speakers setup to a toshiba 42wh36, my problem is that I can't get the sound from the dvd player to come out of the tv speakers only out of the 5 surround ones. I'm using a high quality scart lead made by Thore - I've reset the dvd player to factory set-up, checked all the settings in the tv, changed scart leads but still no sound from the tv, I've had a look in the sony manual and done everything I can think of eg placed scart in av1/2 and 3, changed rgb setting with dvd settings but still no good. I'm sure when I first had the system 3 months ago the sound came from the tv and 5 sony speakers ??. is there a fault on the dvd player or have I changed some settings to make this happen ? Many thanks in advance for any help....

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    I'm no expert but I'd guess that you would have to change the type of sound output from your DVD player to PCM stereo if you wanted to send it to a TV.

3. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Is the scart RGB only?

4. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I would agree with IanJ check you have PCM stereo set on DVD player,also some scart leads can be video only,but i would of thought more likely to be a software setting than hardware.

John