Need help accessing service menu/philips 42" plasma

B

blingy

hey all,

I"m new to the forum but thank goodness i managed to find you...this site seems informative and everyone seems helpful.

Ok....so i bought a 42" philips plasma model 42pf9966 and an xbox 360. I use my 360 as both my gaming and DVD machine. When i have it set to 1080i the picture suffers due to overscan and a portion of the right side of the picture is cut off.

After doing some research online i discovered i needed access to the service menu to calibrate my tv. I ried calling philips but they werent helpful at all....in fact, the lady whom i spoke to didnt know what a service menu was and after telling her what it was she said they wouldnt tell me!

anyhow, does anyone know how to access the service menu for my 42pf9966 and what options need to be calibrated/changed to prevent oversan?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

thank you for reading my post.

m

B

blingy

anyone have any ideas or can point me in the right direction?

S

ScanMan

blingy said:
hey all,

I"m new to the forum but thank goodness i managed to find you...this site seems informative and everyone seems helpful.

Ok....so i bought a 42" philips plasma model 42pf9966 and an xbox 360. I use my 360 as both my gaming and DVD machine. When i have it set to 1080i the picture suffers due to overscan and a portion of the right side of the picture is cut off.

After doing some research online i discovered i needed access to the service menu to calibrate my tv. I ried calling philips but they werent helpful at all....in fact, the lady whom i spoke to didnt know what a service menu was and after telling her what it was she said they wouldnt tell me!

anyhow, does anyone know how to access the service menu for my 42pf9966 and what options need to be calibrated/changed to prevent oversan?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

thank you for reading my post.

m

You could try this, which works for some philips plasmas:-

Enter the SERVICE MENU by pressing “M” button and then press the digits 4, 7, 2 and 5 respectively.

If that works then you will probably have 3 sub menus display, calibration and deinterlacer which can be accessed by using the "<" & ">" buttons.

To exit SERVICE MENU press the &#8220;M&#8221; button

If that doesn't work try this:-
Enter the service menu by entering 062596 i+ on the remote

Dont forget changing settings in the service menu can have adverse effects on your TV so dont blame me if it all goes horribly wrong.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom