1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help accessing DTS in predator special edition!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by morksbeanbag, Aug 12, 2004.

1. morksbeanbag

morksbeanbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    i've just bought predator two disc special edition from play.com, i bought it really becuase it had DTS. Now when i get the disc in the player there is no way to select DTS. When i go into languages it just has english and you cannot get to it to select it anyhow. I thought i'd try it on my PC to see if that worked using Powerdvd 5. No joy. Its cleary says on the back of the box that there should be Dolby digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 and two seperate audio commentry's. Yet on both my toshiba dvd player and Power dvd they both tell me there is only 1 dolby digital track. it also says there should be DVD-ROM content, but there is nothing at all.

I'm beginning to wonder if i have the right disc at all. it looks quite different to the 2nd disc,

The 2nd disc art work is quite detailed and says DVD 2 in large white letters, the first discs artwork looks blotchy like an over compressed mpeg and it doesn't says dvd 1 on it anywhere they look for all the world like they were meant to be in seperate packages. if anyone here has the predator 2 disc special edition here could they please tell me what their 'dvd 1' disc looks like and also what their 'dvd 1' menu looks like. :lease:

thanks in advance.

Ben

2. saibot

saibot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Definitely doesnt sound right, I can check later on for ya, as I have both editions. However off hand I remember the special edition version starts with an "explosion" and then you get the options to select audio etc etc . At this stage the cursor on the screen should look like the 3 red dots ( as in the predator's aiming thing from the movie"

3. Muz

Muz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    there's been a couple of other threads about this lately, it seems the old copy of the predator dvd with scenes cut and no dts has been mistakenly put into all the special edition boxsets instead of the new disc!

5. morksbeanbag

morksbeanbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    yep, i've just come off the phone with play.com they say they already know that the stock they have has the wrong discs in the box, it took me a while to get this out of them, yet they are still selling the dvd's even though they know they'd not be giving people what they have paid for. i think at the very least then they should put a letter in with the dvd telling people that they've not got what they paid for and a solution to it. i managed to get an address in london to send my dvd's to in order to get the proper discs. It just amazes me that play.com are selling these things to people knowing that its the wrong product and just hoping that people won't notice.

they also said they couldn't take the cellophane off their other dvd's to check if they were all like this as then they wouldn't be able to sell them, surely if they already know their stock is dodgy then they shouldn't be selling it in the first place. i'd rather have the right dvd than some cellophane wrap.

don't buy predator from play.com!

trying to explain what DTS is to some bemused old woman who only cares about cellophane is pain in the backside.

if anyone else has bought the Predator Special edition and didn't get dts then just ask and i'll post the address of the place to send your dvd to for you to get you hands on the right disc. :thumbsup:

6. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,182
    This seems to be happening alot at the moment with the Special Edition Fox titles, I ordered the new release of Independence Day and Predator a few months ago from Pricestorm and they actually had the correct Disc 1 in both cases but it seems more and more people are either getting the original release in the new packaging or the wrong Disc 1, quality control at Fox is really slipping unless they are doing it on purpose to get rid of old stock.