Need headset help

Para90

Novice Member
Hey

So I’ve owned nothing but turtle beach as of yet, but my XOFOUR’s that have lasted six years perfectly are no longer working properly.

I need a new headset for my Xbox one x, but I’m unsure of what to go for, or what brand to buy in to.

My absolute must haves are:
1) chat/game control - I have a selection of friends with kids of their own, who like to make incredibly loud noises constantly, much to my dismay, and with my current set it comes through as loud as my game and I don’t hear a single thing other than cutlery clanging or kids shouting at each other. For this reason, I NEED the ability to turn party chat down so I can finally hear my damn game without being deafened.

2) Decent sound quality

3) comfort

4) decent build/long lasting

And beyond that I’m not too bothered if they are wired, wireless, blue/black/green/red or even bright yellow. I just need a functioning headset.

Price - £0-200ish

Para90

Novice Member
Should have mentioned I’d like surround sound, even 7.1 if there’s a way to make it work on the Xbox

psychopomp1

I recently bought a pair of Lucidsound LS35x's for my Xbox One X. Superb headphones, wireless with decent battery life (>15hrs) and brilliant sound through Dolby Atmos on my Xbox. I bought them for 130 notes from Amazon UK for a 'like new' pair, though to me looked like brand new. Amazon USA is probably your best bet, around 170 notes delivered incl shipping & UK taxes.

Para90

Novice Member
Thanks!
I was just looking on amazon and found the ls20’s on offer for £21, I bought a pair for the sake of trying the brand - if I think this budget pair is decent value, I’ll be buying the ls35x.
On another note about those, how good is the ability to turn chat/game up and down independently?
I noticed they have the scroll like wheel, is it decent?

psychopomp1

Thanks!
I was just looking on amazon and found the ls20’s on offer for £21, I bought a pair for the sake of trying the brand - if I think this budget pair is decent value, I’ll be buying the ls35x.
On another note about those, how good is the ability to turn chat/game up and down independently?
I noticed they have the scroll like wheel, is it decent?
Yes, on one of the ear muffs is the rotational wheel for game chat volume. Its not a scrolling wheel, its a circular wheel and works really well - you rotate it for volume or simply press down on the ear muffs to mute the sound.

Para90

Novice Member
But am I able to say turn game volume up whilst turning party chat down? Or just turning chat down whilst keeping game the same?

Also, do you know what the difference is between the ls35x and the ls40/ls31?

SRR

I have thr LS30's so would presume it's a similar set up.
The left earcup lets you adjust game volume and mute all sounds if clicked. The right earcup adjusts party chat or mutes mic if clicked. So I would think the 35's are perfect for what you are looking for. Have a look for some YouTube reviews to see if itsi the same setup.