1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need headphone purchasing assistance, please help!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kidkoala, Oct 19, 2005.

1. kidkoala

kidkoala

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've finally decided to take the plunge and buy a semiexpensive set of headphones (around $100), but the problem is I don't know exactly what I want.

I listen to MP3's on the go a lot and so I thought so earbuds would be good. This led me to the Shure E2c's, which I can get for around $70 I believe. They are in-ear canal headphones, and so entirely plug your ear canal so that you do not hear any outside noise. They are also not friendly to being taken out and put back in a lot, due to the tight fit that they require, which means they take time to insert properly. However, I figure these would be pretty good for when I'm on the go, and also when I am at home, relaxing.

My other option I was considering is getting some inexpensive Sony MDR-EX71SL earbuds ($25 on Amazon, and still with good sound quality) for when I am traveling, and then investing in a nice set of standard cans (maybe Grado's or Sennheiser's). If I did go with this method, what is a good set of normal, full-sized headphones in the $~80 range? There was also a set of Sony's I was considering, but I really know nothing about this kind of thing, only what the reviews I've read tell me. I would want something that provided good sound for all kinds of music, mostly rock I guess, and also looked cool.

Which of these two options sounds best to you guys? Thanks for any kind of input.

2. sirlukas

sirlukas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    My types:
    Koss The Plug, Sennheiser PX100, Koss Porta Pro

+

Grado SR60 or 80, Sennheiser HD 580 or so.

You should be fine with money.

3. andyrich

andyrich
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    go for the E2c's using the foam sleeves koss porta pro's are good but not as good as E2c's

4. Reano

Reano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Have you looked on ebay to see if you can get the e3c (unused of course) for £100 or less

5. flamejob

flamejob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i picked up my e3c's for 70 quid includin postage.