Need good advise on buying a DLP RPTV, choices are listed inside.

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ankursaxena, Sep 7, 2007.

?
  1. Samsung HLT-5076S / 5676S

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Toshiba 57HM167

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other, please specify

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. ankursaxena

ankursaxena

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Fellows,

I have been lurking on this forum for sometime now and found it to be very useful, but I am still not able to make up my mind on which TV to get.

I have looked at the following which are in my price range.

Samsung HLT-5076S / HLT-5676S
    Toshiba 57HM167

I am really loving the Mitsubishi's as well, but I guess they are a little out of my budget this time around, but after looking at TVs in Best Buy I couldnt believe how awesome the picture quality was for the Mitsubishis.

As of now the 5076S is costing me 1200$ shipped refurb + 200$ or 300$ warranty.

5676S is costing me 1500$ shipped from Amazon, brand new + same warranty.

57HM167 is costing me 1275$ shipped new from Amazon + same warranty.

I would be buying the warranty from an external source rather than from the site I buy the product. Found few wholesale websites for this which are saving me $100+ on the same warranty.

Now I have looked at the Samsung and liked it, looked at the Toshibas and liked it, but cant make up my mind as to which one is better, can someone help me out?

What is your opinion/experience with the 2 TVs, what are the pros and cons of the 2. I am really confused. If there is another TV besides the 2 anyone recommends which could be similar and cheaper or better, I would be willing to look at it.

Also can someone tell me about the bulbs, is that a real issue still in these sets?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ankur :thumbsup:

2. ankursaxena

ankursaxena

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no one can help on this??

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Welcome to the forum. :hiya:

I doubt you'll get many replies to your question, since this is a UK forum and television models differ greatly between the two countries - it's not because we don't want to help.

4. a17esh

a17esh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get the Samsung DLP 50" with the middle stand and glass shelf at the bottom, its a very very good TV, Better then any LCD TV, and when you put Hi-def (720p) it looks awesome.