Need good 2.1 speaker system

Nacheez

Standard Member
I am no expert in the sound world but I do know when I hear good sound. I need to buy a speaker system to produce good sound for Netflix, Youtbe and general TV. I was thinking floorstanding spearker with a good av amp.

I need some help where I should start and what amp and speakers I should buy. My budget is £400.

Last edited:

gibbsy

With a budget of £400 you will have to take a good look at the classifieds and see what catches your eye. Are you thinking of a full 5.1 system, or just a stereo set up?

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
Q acoustic bt3 can be connected to a TV via Bluetooth or optical, as can the ruark audio mr1's, and you can connect a seperate sub to them if need be, no need for a seperate amp if you got these and they are bassy enough without the need for a seperate sub in my opinion, here's a link to a review of them, they were designed as an alternative to a soundbar
Q Acoustics Q-BT3 Review | Trusted Reviews

Nacheez

Standard Member
How would this be if I were to get Yamaha NS-F51 Floor standing speakers along with Sony STRDH790 AVR. This would cost me around £475 in total.

The AVR would be future proof if I wanted to increase channels.

I think with these speakers I wouldn't need an amp as they be decent all rounders.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom