Need for speed The Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need for Speed ​​series will expand this year with another part. Shift 2: Unleashed attacked us in the first half of this year. EA has, however, in their plans this year's edition even Need for Speed: The Run.

Our friendly service We are playing at Max's reached that the information in this year's show was another part of Need for Speed. So far it is unknown what the focus of this series, but the title you might guess, that it will be breathtaking chases and escapes. Since a simulation of NFS'aw This year we will put The Run is likely to arcade driving model. Electronic Arts has already registered a domain - www.needforspeedtherun.com , plus the planned release date is set for 18 November 2011. We do not know yet what the studio is responsible for The Run. For more information, we'll probably soon, and the game probably will credit your show at E3. Here you can admire the cover of the game.

Google T

I read that it uses Frostbite 2. About time that other games were using DICE's superb technology.

That would be the connection I mentioned the other day with Hot Pursuit and DICE - they were testing out how the 2 studios get on ;)

Becoming worse than COD now....

I'd agree, if the quality was low. Shift 2, Hot Pursuit, both much-loved. Love Hot Pursuit and you'll love this.

Shift was an un-needed sequel, not sure about much loved either, everyone i've spoken to disliked it...

Besides, hardly a neutral consumer, are you?

Its a cash cow, nothing more, games every 6-9 months is a joke, at least with Fifa etc the excuse is seasonal...

I couldn't get on with the original Shift, haven't tried Shift 2 but I personally thought Hot Pursuit was excellent and certainly not sub standard.

One of my favourite games of last year.

Shift 2 was crap, NFS franchise is definitely turning out like COD, churning out sub standards games every year is :thumbsdow

But if it is using Frosbite 2.0 then it could get interesting :thumbsup:
IYO maybe, ive enjoyed playing Shift 2, just like i enjoyed the first Shift.
BTW did you play Shift 2 on a second Xbox account? you dont appear to have played it with your listed account.

Shift was an un-needed sequel, not sure about much loved either, everyone i've spoken to disliked it...

Besides, hardly a neutral consumer, are you?

Its a cash cow, nothing more, games every 6-9 months is a joke, at least with Fifa etc the excuse is seasonal...

Like the sig says - I'm not paid to post, so I'll give an honest opinion. Couldn't get on with the first Shift at all, hated it, this one has kept me playing though. Metacritic is currently at 82 for Shift 2, so not too bad for something people dis-liked ;)

Shift 2 was crap, NFS franchise is definitely turning out like COD, churning out sub standards games every year is :thumbsdow

But if it is using Frosbite 2.0 then it could get interesting :thumbsup:

Hot Pursuit is definitely not a sub-standard game. Again I could point to the metacritic or the fact that there's still thousands online playing it. Criterion produce the rest racing games in the EA studios - the Blackbox ones are decent, but not a patch on what the Guildford lads can do.

You'll see once they announce the extra bits in The Run that they're trying their best to turn your opinions around ;)

Give me an updated version of Need for Speed underground, by far the best one there is, I've honestly found Burnout Paradise to be much better than what the NFS franchise has produced the past 4-5 years.

Burnout Pardise graphics are still up to scratch, loads of free/cheap DLC, great song and online modes.

IYO maybe, ive enjoyed playing Shift 2, just like i enjoyed the first Shift.
BTW did you play Shift 2 on a second Xbox account? you dont appear to have played it with your listed account.

I play all racing games on a PS3, it has better steering wheel options :thumbsup:

I love Hot Pursuit so will be looking at this.

Love Criterion's Burnout games and after initially liking Hot Pursuit I got tired of it, wasn't varied enough location wise for me and I hate time trial events, much prefer to just race which Burnout was a little more towards my taste.

Anyway, will wait and see what the demo for this one is like, cannot really use Metacritic as a barometer of success when scores can be swayed by all companies.

we'll see. i like the idea but i went off HP very quickly. for a game that was all about replaying a race to beat your friends time it was criminally slow to load up and ended up just frustrating me to the point i've stopped playing.

That best be fixed for the Run

Looks intense but also looks like a discarded idea made into a full game.

Hope Criterion are busy.

Like the sig says - I'm not paid to post, so I'll give an honest opinion. Couldn't get on with the first Shift at all, hated it, this one has kept me playing though. Metacritic is currently at 82 for Shift 2, so not too bad for something people dis-liked ;)

Hot Pursuit is definitely not a sub-standard game. Again I could point to the metacritic or the fact that there's still thousands online playing it. Criterion produce the rest racing games in the EA studios - the Blackbox ones are decent, but not a patch on what the Guildford lads can do.

You'll see once they announce the extra bits in The Run that they're trying their best to turn your opinions around ;)

I enjoyed shift , shift 2 not so much :thumbsdow.

Got stuck into hot pursuit also getting the original 1000GS , but i feel they should knock out a price bundle for the dlc. At the moment i feel they are charging to much for the material on offer.

stick a suggestion into the powers that be ;)

I'm actually quite excited about this, looks really good!

lmao..it's awful so I'm deleting it already :D
It runs at maybe 25 fps if you're lucky and dont drive round a bend :rotfl: EA really do suck sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom