Need for Speed Shift - Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This aswell as FIFA10 are the only games i'm looking forward too this year, and I'm counting down the days to release lol

Only worry is it will be like the last few NFS and be dissapointing, hopefully it looks and should play like Grid so touch wood it's going to eat into my life lol

This will be a totally different NFS game, the developers behind the game are Slightly Mad studios, these guys are the from the Blimey games Studio who inturn were with 10tencle and developed the PC titles GTR and GT Legends.

So I think these guys have a good track record of racing games:)

Slightly Mad Studios is an entertainment software development company headquartered in London, England. We employ all 85 of the former Blimey! Games LTD staff. We are a passionate team united with the single vision of creating the most detailed and authentic products, providing the most immersive and enjoyable gameplay experiences possible.

Slightly Mad Studios' staff formed the core development team on the critically acclaimed and multiple award-winning GTR - FIA GT Racing Game, it's successor GTR2, and the classic sports car racing game, GT Legends. A selected list being:

The team;

Ian Bell – Head Of Development - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Andy Garton – Technical Director - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Stephen Viljoen – Lead Designer/Producer - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Eric Boosman – Art Director - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Doug Arnao – Physics/AI Director - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Jan Frischkorn – Art Lead - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Perran Truran – Lead Vehicle Modeller - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Viktor Kolomiets – Builds / Asset Manager - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Ged Keaveney – Programmer - GT Legends, GTR 2
Steve Dunn – Programmer - GT Legends, GTR 2
Robert Dibley – Programmer - GT Legends, GTR 2
Anders Johansson – Programmer - GT Legends, GTR 2
Iain Wallington – Programmer - GTR 2
Matt Hobbs – Programmer - GTR 2
Vittorio Rapa – Server Side Coder - GT Legends, GTR 2
Stephen Baysted – Sound Director - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Greg Hill – Sound Designer - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Casey Ringley – Vehicle Modeller - GT Legends, GTR 2
Gustavo Olivera – Vehicle Modeller - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Daniel Karlsson – Vehicle Texture Artist - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Bryn Alban – Vehicle Modeller - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2
Vincent Dambreville – Vehicle Texture Artist - GT Legends, GTR 2
Sven Moll – Track Production/Organics - GT Legends, GTR 2
Andreas Moll – Track Production/Organics - GT Legends, GTR 2
Sean Vollmer – Track Modeller - GTR, GT Legends, GTR 2

I must say that this looks absolutely stunning. After that latest footage i'm probably more excited about this than Forza 3. :eek:

Got to agree 110% I'm even contemplating buying a G25 or wait for the G27 :)

So looking forward to this game, looks really good. Just hope it has good handling and physics implemented into it.

I'm sure that the handling and physics will be spot on with the team that's working on this. :)

Hopefully this could be the game to match and improve on the visual realism of a game like Grid, whilst also delivering the amazing physics and handling of games like GTR2, Race 07, R-Factor, iRacing, GT5p etc. :thumbsup:

The visuals certainly look amazing and are probably the best i've yet seen in a racing game :).

I'm sure that the handling and physics will be spot on with the team that's working on this. :)

Hopefully this could be the game to match and improve on the visual realism of a game like Grid, whilst also delivering the amazing physics and handling of games like GTR2, Race 07, R-Factor, iRacing, GT5p etc. :thumbsup:

The visuals certainly look amazing and are probably the best i've yet seen in a racing game :).

Just seen the team who are working on this, very good pedigree there. The visuals do look amazing, maybe i will have to splash some cash and buy a G25 now. :eek:

maybe i will have to splash some cash and buy a G25 now. :eek:

Ive been googling for over an hour trying to get a date on release for the G27, with no luck at all. Its probably worth waiting till closer to shift release date and see if Logitech release it, then either spend for the G27 or get the cheaper G25.

Who knows!?!?!

I was torn between this & DIRT 2 but I think the latest footage has turned this into a must buy. Pre Order here we come.
This will be my first 'proper' driving game to include trophies (I do own Burnout Paradise but that's difficult as hell on a wheel) so I'm looking forward to getting some use out of my Play Seat G25 combination.

Ive been googling for over an hour trying to get a date on release for the G27, with no luck at all. Its probably worth waiting till closer to shift release date and see if Logitech release it, then either spend for the G27 or get the cheaper G25.

Who knows!?!?!

Yes now that is a good point, when the G27 is released maybe the price of the G25 will drop even further, fingers crossed. :eek:

Couple of members are selling there's as new, probably get it for £80.00 - but again best worth waiting. I had a steering wheel for the 360 it was naff, not hadone for the PS3 - yet.

Just no room to have a decent setup like the play seat, have to use the sofa, so looking at the wheel stand pro as another option. Need trusted reviews tho :)

The G25 is a great wheel and I have one at the moment. :) I paid about £145 for it but i've seen them for around £100 recently in various deals. Can't remember where those deals were but they don't seem to be on at the moment from my quick search.

It's worth keeping your eyes peeled for one though.

Another option is the new Fanatec multiplatform wheel which you can use on the 360 and also the PC & PS3 with a dongle. :)

The hud looks very good indeed, clean and crisp.

hehe well gt5 is ps3 bound so u will get ur chance in that. also fifa10 mate hehe

Not buying GT5 'yet' neither FIFA10 as ive been waiting ages for this but maybe xmas then i can depress you for Christmas day :p

only buying one game this autumn?

Considering i have just been made redundant, i just bought Brietling a G25 a wheel stand pro and a few hundred quid on books i think i need to protect my bank balance for a few weeks lol

I will wait a few weeks and get it 40% cheaper here lol

Considering i have just been made redundant, i just bought Brietling a G25 a wheel stand pro and a few hundred quid on books i think i need to protect my bank balance for a few weeks lol

I will wait a few weeks and get it 40% cheaper here lol
o snap i diddnt know man damm thats wack. hope u get a job soon man. what industry you are in if you dont mind me asking?

maybe you can trade your old games for fifa10?

Not to worry, i am having some good time with my son so not all bad :)

NFS then GT5 will be this 1/4 games then FIFA10 when i finish 09 :p I just bought TW10, no idea why can't stand golf lol

I was interested to read that Need for Speed Shift was developed by Dice who made the Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2 games. Interview link:Need for Speed Racing Game

Anyone who played these games on the Xbox will remember that these were both fantastic games (much better than Dirt in my opinion).

If this game nails the realism, AI and damage then this could be a serious rival to GT5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom