Need For Speed Shift 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit - (Sorry Se777eN i did a search before i posted)

Spring 2011

Electronic Arts and developer Slightly Mad Studios announce Need for Speed: Shift 2 which features an all-new rendering engine with a massive graphics overhaul that puts the player in the heart of the racing action. With an innovative helmet camera view simulating the physical experience of driving at 200mph, the thrilling experience of night racing and authentic degradation of tracks and cars, this is tomorrow's sim for today's adrenaline fueled racer.

Shift 2 also incorporates the next generation of Need for Speed Autolog – the groundbreaking network that connects friends for epic head-to-head races and compares player stats for the ultimate social racing competition.

“Shift 2: Unleashed is redefining immersive racing by blending the rush of tearing up the track at unbelievable speeds with the emotional experience of competitive battle,” said Marcus Nilsson, Executive Producer, Shift 2. “We are also working closely with real-world performance drivers to ensure that Shift captures their experience and becomes the benchmark in authentic racing action.”

Pre-rendered intro

YouTube - Need for Speed Shift 2: Unleashed reveal trailer

Last edited:
Shift 2 Unleashed Hands-On - PC Previews at GameSpot

Like the way this is looking, i get the impression the first game got lost between arcadey and sim racers for most people. For me it was the perfect mix and i really enjoyed it, this looks to be shaping up nicely.

Last edited:
I just found the gameplay so poor on the first shift. Any racing game that feels like you are constantly driving on ice is a big no no for me.

I just found the gameplay so poor on the first shift. Any racing game that feels like you are constantly driving on ice is a big no no for me.

Ive never been into sim racers so all the driving model complaints pretty much went over my head, all i know is the cockpit view was pretty sweet and i had fun!

From the interview though looks like they are taking in a bit more of a sim direction to takke on Forza and GT so maybe this one will sit well with the sim fans.

all i know is the cockpit view was pretty sweet and i had fun!

Yeah must admit that view was really good, I tried so hard to like it just for that view but I just couldn't.

Fingers crossed NFS:Shift 2 is a bit more fun/easier to drive.

Last edited:
Those cars look an absolute bitch to drive! On that first video around 50 seconds you can see the guy trying to get around a corner and just totally loses it into wall.

The back ends of the car looks like it's sliding around every where too...

If the handling of the cars is good this will be an awesome game. Doesn't seem much interest though :(

After the recent disappointment of Homefront, I'm hoping this will be a good trade-in purchase. Enjoyed the first one, but wanted it either to be more towards Burnout or to feature real-life tracks. Looks like the latter, so that's all good! :smashin:

Anyone know if there will be a demo for this?

The first had dire handling (for me) and hoping this will be better.

Just had a look at the track list and it's MASSIVE!

Not sure that's an ad - looks like an internal video we saw 4-5 months back...

Ad, Promotional video, either way they are going for the juggular!

Last edited:
Yea - especially the 'Not for Distribution' bit at the bottom :D

Looking good though - although I'm worried that camera view won't be best for 'post pub' races ;)

Looking forward to this - my copy of Homefront is ready for trade!

Look out for kfan playing this laster this week I guess ;)

Yea - especially the 'Not for Distribution' bit at the bottom :D

Looking good though - although I'm worried that camera view won't be best for 'post pub' races ;)

Looking forward to this - my copy of Homefront is ready for trade!

Look out for kfan playing this laster this week I guess ;)

Got a copy already - going to give it a shot tonight :)

Grrrrr :D

How do I block posts from a certain member on here :D

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it mate ..... when you're allowed of course - got this preordered for pickup next Friday :)

Tempted by this, quite enjoyed the first one despite the dodgy handling. Hopefully in a few weeks (as most releases seem to now) it goes sub £25 then will pick up

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom