Need For Speed Payback (november 10th)

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Need for Speed game trailer has gone live today called Payback.

nfspayback-keyart-1080-logo.png.adapt.crop16x9.431p.png

Looks very Fast & Furious like, but could be good, finally has a Day/Night cycle unlike the last game.

Hope this will be similar to hot pursuit as I really enjoyed that one.

Hope this will be similar to hot pursuit as I really enjoyed that one.

Hot Pursuit (2010) was pretty much the only Need for Speed game I liked, if it ends up like that then it will be an instant buy for me.

Hot Pursuit (2010) was pretty much the only Need for Speed game I liked, if it ends up like that then it will be an instant buy for me.

Yeah I agree!
While that game was active online it was great fun and spent many hours enjoying it, always seemed a balanced fun game!

Hot Pursuit was excellent and I thought Rivals would have the same appeal, but I could never get into that at all. Not played the last one although it's on my HDD courtesy of EA Access.

It does look very fast and furious however I think that's what they're going for now as that franchise has done so well.

I wish they would remaster the original most wanted and carbon and merge underground and underground 2 into one game and I think that would be a really good game and tick off something for everyone.

I just hope the story doesn't get repetitive like it did in the reboot a few years ago. So far it looks a bit cheesey but good

That last one was possibly one of the worst games I've played in recent years.

I normally end up buying the NFS games but managed to avoid that one, thank god. I tried it out with the EA Access trial and found it to be one of the most plodding racers I've ever tried, with weird, heavy handling, annoying cut-scenes and a constant barrage of in-game text and phone calls.

And the racing seemed to be really hard. I constantly missed a turn, usually early on in the race and found it impossible to keep up. I'm not bad at racing games and can usually win a good chunk of races, but I was nowhere near in that one.

I'll certainly avoid this one until I see reviews of a demo/trial.

Edit: the trailer does look quite good though :)

Just saw the EA Play presentation. It looks very much like Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit / Burnout with the slow motion take downs.

I think it has a boost meter (under the speedometer) but not 100% sure.

Just saw the EA Play presentation. It looks very much like Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit / Burnout with the slow motion take downs but it doesn't seem to have a boost.

Uses a boost around the 32 second mark.

Looks very Fast and Furious but I like it so far.

Looks good. Just saw the footage on E3 - this looks brilliant. Definitely on my radar.

Last edited:
Bit disappointed with this. Like people have said its looks very fast and furious esque with all the heists etc. Wish they would just make another hoy pursuit instead that was probably the last decent modern NFS game made since the original most wanted

Customisation looks good similar to the last but now you can have than 5 cars.

And the new derelict cars sound cool.

It looks a lot better than the last NFS game. Definitely got the Burnout/Hot Pursuit vibe which I'm not going to complain about seeing as nobody actually makes Burnout anymore. :(

Gonna wait for the X to arrive then maybe try it out.

I downloaded it last night but yet to play it. I have it on pre-order so hope its up to it.

I saw some gameplay yesterday on FB or something, and I could tell straight away it's not for me. Too arcadey, rubber-banding AI and generally looked just like the last one.

I think they've gone down a burnout paradise route mixed with a storyline of fast and furious will have to give it a go but I just wish they'd remake most wanted from 2005 and both underground's exactly same games just in HD/4k

game looks great graphics wise, but driving for me is meh, think i might wait for it to hit the sales before buying :(

I saw some gameplay yesterday on FB or something, and I could tell straight away it's not for me. Too arcadey, rubber-banding AI and generally looked just like the last one.

I watched some from AR12 on Youtube, it looks quite a bit cheesy like the last one, but what gets me most is they were stealing a Konisegg and the standard police cars keep up, a 200mph car vs a 120 at most car lol.

I will give it a play but once it's cheap of free on access.

I predict you won't have to wait too long. ;)

i`ll wait until it hits the ea access vault :rotfl: but this game on a xbone x will look great, but for me driving lets it down and like was said further up with rubber banding AI :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom