1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need for Speed 2 and SE on XP

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by SGhosh, Apr 19, 2005.

1. SGhosh

SGhosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After some effort, I have got both the standard version and special edition of need for speed to work in XP by using the compatibility administrator tool and setting the "globalmemorystatuslie" to on (and in the case of NFS2 standard, downloading the appropriate fixed exe), while for SE I needed a glide wrapper. But the sound is very glitchy, a lot of "scratchy" sounds can be heard. I realized that tinkering around with all the compatibily fixes available makes the situation a little better, but running it in either win 95 or win 98 compatibility mode makes the sound perfect, but the game runs horribly slow. This has something to do with the "disableboostthread" and "emulateslowCPU" I think, but turning either off causes the speed to go back to normal but he sound to mess up. Does anyone know what are the optimal settings required so that the game runs good, and the sound is good too?

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,563
    Is that Need for speed 2, or Need for speed underground 2?

3. SGhosh

SGhosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nfs 2