Need expert advice on best video-camera or camcorder, please!

phillyguy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody! I'm new to this forum and have a question please.

I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera to use for video shooting. The picture quality is stunning when I don't move the camera or zoom in. But the blur is terrible if I do.

So, to remedy this, I then bought a Sony FDR-AX33 Digital 4K Video Camera Recorder. There is much less blur, but the picture quality overall does not have the crispness or the detail of the Lumix Camera.

I want the best of both worlds -- stunning picture quality without the blur. My budget is $5K, max. Can anyone recommend a solution? Many thanks in advance.

Hi, sometime it's not what you do, rather the way you do it . . . you will have read/watched video tutorials that show how it's done, with tripods and framing the subject.
How are you viewing these shots? For the AX33 you need a 4K TV - after you've edited.
The Lumix range are very good, but video doesn't need excessive sharpness, your eye is attracted to the sharpest/brightest part of the image...so that's the important bit.
Some of the difference in the two cameras is the sensor size - but any camcorder is much easier to use than a stills camera.
+I wonder if the reduced blur (you say) isn't the reason you are noticing the low definition?

It would help if you said what you are filming and how-you have attempted improvements, to the picture quality.

Cheers.

We all think OUR camcorder is better than the others so I only suggest you stick to thee big three Canon, Panasonic and Sony.
I stay with HD because it is so much easier to edit with a standard PC. All the cameras have excellent picture stabilisation, usually decent lenses (Leica in my case) and a usable zoom range, They can have nice to have extras such as Slo-Mo, Time Lapse etc.
You will see my personal choice down below.

Hello everybody! I'm new to this forum and have a question please.

I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera to use for video shooting. The picture quality is stunning when I don't move the camera or zoom in. But the blur is terrible if I do.

So, to remedy this, I then bought a Sony FDR-AX33 Digital 4K Video Camera Recorder. There is much less blur, but the picture quality overall does not have the crispness or the detail of the Lumix Camera.

I want the best of both worlds -- stunning picture quality without the blur. My budget is $5K, max. Can anyone recommend a solution? Many thanks in advance.
The Lumix DMC-GX85 is a very good camera,i would advise you use it differently,firstly dont dont zoom while you are actualy recording this is never advised what ever type of camera is being used except for some slow zoom ins where only camcorders and bridge cameras are suitable.This was recorded with my GH5 a similar type camera to the GX85'

Good luck

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom