1. Join Now

    AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Electrical Advice!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by thedoc, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. thedoc

    Standard Member

    Aug 22, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Trophy Points:
    Is it possible to take a dual channel digital (electronic) central heating controller (you know the type that lets you control CH and HW seperately) and use one channel as an on/off switch for a "dimming" power unit (max 100W load) and other channel as an on/off switch for fluorescent light unit (set up with ballast & starter as appropriate) ?

    I am presuming that even the newer digital (electronic) types use relays to switch the two channels, and if these are rated at 3A inductive or 3A resistive that I could use them to power the above items ?

    Fluorescent light rated @ 20 watt, and dimming unit powers a ceramic heater rated at 100 watt.

    Any comments would be of help or valued (before I have a go & end up with my hair pointing skywards & skin char-grilled).

Share This Page