Need DPLII sound from PS3 - how do I get it?

daveb975

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just had a bit of a change around with my set up that means I will no longer be using my PS3 for Blu-Ray, but will be using it for TV via PlayTV.

I have the PS3 connected to the amp by HDMI, but this sends a signal to which the amp recognises as 'Multi Ch In' and proceeds to output in stereo only.

Is there a way to get the PS3 to pass the audio to the amp so it can convert it to DPLII? I have an optical connection as well if that is any use.

I have just had a bit of a change around with my set up that means I will no longer be using my PS3 for Blu-Ray, but will be using it for TV via PlayTV.

I have the PS3 connected to the amp by HDMI, but this sends a signal to which the amp recognises as 'Multi Ch In' and proceeds to output in stereo only.

Is there a way to get the PS3 to pass the audio to the amp so it can convert it to DPLII? I have an optical connection as well if that is any use.

If you change the setting from LPCM to bitstream it will send the raw signal to the amp so the amp can decode it rather than the PS3 sending the decoded signal (which is when the amp displays Multi Ch In). The main limitation is that the PS3 can't bitstream HD audio, but since you don't want to use it for Blu-Ray that shouldn't be a problem for you :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom