Need display advice please!

AndyFl

Novice Member
Hi everybody, new member but used this site for years when reviewing hardware, troubleshooting, etc.

Unfortunately I'm now in a position where I can't really search for an answer to my problem as it's just confused me too much and need display advice please!

So, I've been using my PS5 on a 5 year old Samsung 49KS7000 which I've really been happy with. Great picture, amazing Ultra HDR and good sound, so this is my benchmark.

I now need to buy a display to live at my partners and would like something of comparable quality although slightly smaller and I'm hoping cheaper as time has passed since I purchased that TV. Ideally I'd like to work within a £500 budget but can be a little flexible if needed.

I'd appreciate if anyone has any recommendations of something similar to this model as I want to future proof my purchase as possible.

The things that are adding confusion (maybe unnecessarily) are the following:

• The Samsung is 60hz, should I stick with this or try to get 120hz? Also if I go for 120hz do I need to ensure it has HDMI 2.1?
  • Is a tv the way to go or am I better going with a monitor? (If a monitor is better value I need to ensure it has speakers)
  • The Samsung has Ultra HDR but I don't think this label exists anymore, what would be the equivalent of todays standards? Dolby Vision, HDR10+? I really don't know!

Sorry for the long winded post, trying to clarify my thoughts/concerns at the same time as posting.

Any help provided will really be appreciated!

Andy.

x7nofate

Novice Member
£500 is not enough, you need to add some more £ and buy the cheapest tv screen with all requirements for ps5 which is LG CX 48 OLED.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
£500 is not enough, you need to add some more £ and buy the cheapest tv screen with all requirements for ps5 which is LG CX 48 OLED.
LG bx was as low as £850

Id save up and definitely get an hdmi 2.1 set. It's not just for 120fps games but if they start doing more 40fps games like R&C you'll need said spec

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom