need connection help w Panny e55 dvdr

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robertjp, Dec 13, 2004.

1. robertjp

robertjp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

Im having a problem getting my new Panasonic e55 dvdr to get ANY channels at all. I have a dishnetwork 811 HD box. I have my main satellite cable going to the sat reciever. I was trying to run a s video and/or composite cable to the dvdr but its says "no channels recieved". I also tried the main sat cable directly to the dvdr and back out the rf out to the sat box but that didnt work. I tried tv and cable settings on the channel search but neither will work. Please note: I do not have a rf out on the back of the sat box so that is not an option. Can anyone get me going in the right direction? Dumb question but will a dvdr even work with satellite or just cable since this is all they mention in the manual. Thanks in advance. BP

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    When the DVD recorder says "No channels Received" does this actually prevent you from changing to AV1, AV2 etc when the input select button is pressed? (I haven't tried this with no RF channels stored) It's no good asking the E55 to search as it only does this for RF channels. You need to manually step through the AV inputs.

With no UHF aerial connection the only way to get connected to the satellite box is by scart (AV2) or other AV leads to AV3 or 4. (The sat dish RF is completely incompatable)