1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need comments of Panasonic TX32PL4

Discussion in 'TVs' started by qfk123, Mar 11, 2002.

Tags:
  1. qfk123

qfk123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Im considering buying the Panasonic TX32PL4 32 inch widescreen TV , it looks nice has the dolby surround with external speakers,

Empire direct have it at £868 inc delivery and VAT

Empire Direct co.uk

sorry if i havent looked back on the treads too much , anyone bought this tv from anyone , any comments , as ive heard negatives about all the main brands , tosh, sony and panasonics , but this TV looks nice too.

2. qfk123

qfk123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Bumpity bump ,

Come on people after 20+ reads there must be someone who either bought the panny tx32pl4 or know someone who has , any comments about this model TV please.

3. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very good price.
    Now the negative points :(
    I think the PL4 is the Dolby surround equivalent of the PL1, is this correct? If so there have been a few disgruntled owners of the PL1 (me being one of them), I had problems with tuner images coming through on all my A/V sockets, strange wobbling of images now and again, its as though the picture is shaking, reds have wavy line interference - odd that.
    But saying all that the PL4 may be fine, although still sharing the same innards as it were.

4. qfk123

qfk123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Much appreciated comments mate , thank you

5. WildCard

WildCard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I don't seem to have any of the problems noted above. The main problem with my PL1 is that the tube looks dirty. When the picture pans over a bright background, you can clearly see areas where the picture is brighter than others. It's a bit distracting although I am seeing it less as time goes by. The dirty areas seem to be getting much bigger as well - hopefully they will completely fill the tube soon and I won't notice it at all!! This is an artifact of the tube manufacture - other people have the same problem.

Other than that, the picture is stunning. DVD or Digi TV through RGB is wonderful. Geometry is pretty good as well.

6. Nyquil Driver

Nyquil Driver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a 28" PL1 which had all the problems js mentioned (and a variety of others!). If you do a search for "PL1", you'll find much more detailed information about what to look out for. It's possible that some of us were just unlucky enough to get "bad apples" and I'm pretty sure that the interference issues could have been resolved one way or another (improvements to internal shielding maybe? other kinds of engineer tweaks?). Basically, I didn't like the TV enough to go to all that bother and there were far too many other things that were a cause for concern.

If you watch a lot of football (for example), you'll probably notice the 3 static vertical bars because they're infinitely more visible on panning/uniform colour. I'd say it's one of those "once you've seen it, you'll always see it" things, but some people don't seem too bothered by them (how picky are you?).

Also, skylines on RGB material will show-up faint flickery horizontal bars, which is a fault the Panasonic PK3 had aswell (or some of them at least). The very fact that Panasonic haven't addressed a troublesome issue from the previous range is bit of a worry IMO. My set had a problem with reds in the way js describes and I had the dirty patches aswell. After saying all this, there's no point me just 'blasting' the PL1/4 to high heaven, as there's every chance I had a particularly duff set. As mentioned earlier, the PL4 may be manufactured differently and whatever TV you buy needs to be taken on a case-by-case basis to some extent anyway (geometry/convergence is never totally consistent within any given range).

As you're probably aware though, the reviews for the PL sets have all been unbelievably positive, so I feel obliged to warn potential buyers of the possible flaws.