Need clarification on keeping number

T

THE_RASCAL

Hey, ok my contract on my current phone with O2 ends in 2 weeks time, 2 weeks ago i emailed O2 and gave them the 30 days notice of cancellation and also asked for my PUC number so i can transfer my number to a new contract with Orange. Today i purchased the orange contract and entered the PUC number, the order has been processed and dispatched...what happens now? Do i have 2 phones with the same number? Im lost...any help will be appreciated. :smashin:

Did you mean PAC code? If so, the releasing of the PAC code effectlively ends your contract with the previous provider and the number is no longer valid on that SIM card. In short, you will only have the number on one SIM card which will now be your new one.

yep i did mean PAC, well done...just testing...lol Thanks for that...right so the contract will end with O2 and ill receive the bill, pay for it and thats that with them, is that right? And tomorrow my orange phone will be activated and work no problem?

I've not gone from O2 to Orange before, however, from what you say everything appears to have gone smoothly and your new phone should be activated with your old phone number when it arrives.

Note, O2 may charge you for releasing the PAC code.

Received the phone this morning (class phone, really like it... E900) but i havent kept the same number? On the invoice it says 'porting number £0.00', does this mean their in the middle of doing it? how long does it take, do i need to phone anyone? Cheers.

Why don't you ring Orange CS to find out the state of play regarding your port, ie, are they actually processing it.

I thought that they needed your number before sending you the sim card, does your phone work but with a different number? I suspect you need to phone Orange now as suggested above.

THE_RASCAL said:
Received the phone this morning (class phone, really like it... E900) but i havent kept the same number? On the invoice it says 'porting number £0.00', does this mean their in the middle of doing it? how long does it take, do i need to phone anyone? Cheers.

Took O2 5 days to transfer my Tesco number over, then the phone was as good as dead for 24 hours. Worked in the end..................

The way that it works for TMobile, and I suspect the rest of them is;
You ask for a PAC Code if you want to leave your current supplier and take your existing phone number with you. You supply the PAC Code to your new network. Your network will then contact your old network with the PAC Code and will submit a request to port over your old number. This will then take 5 days to carry out this work. After 5 days your old sim card will not work, and your new sim card should. There should not be any over lap of service.
Your old phone company will then send you a final bill after the transfer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom