1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need clarification on DVD R issues Pan e55

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robertjp, Dec 18, 2004.

1. robertjp

robertjp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings,

Is it true that you can not play a dvd-ram back on a reular dvd player or computer with dvd drive? Mine wont.

Also is it true with the Panasonic e55 you can create chapters but can not name them? Are all dvd recorders like this? Panasonic told me you can not name chapters but I find this hard to believe. Does anypne know different? Thanks in advance and happy holidays. BP

2. jeff9999

jeff9999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Answer to question1. No, RAM discs will not play back on normal DVD player. Record onto a DVD-R instead.

3. Archie Fax

Archie Fax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Regular dvd player? Panasonic make regular dvd players which play ram discs no probs.

4. hammy

hammy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

I've got 2 normal/regular Panasonic dvd players S35 & S27 and both play Ram discs no problem, you can get the S27 for under £80 if you shop around.

As for PC, LG multi drives and some of their dvd-rom drives handle Ram discs no problem, some toshiba drives wll also and of course Panasonic drives will. I think the Pioneer 108 can read RAM discs.

Hammy

5. secretgunner

secretgunner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to get an e55 and was wondering whether you an record onto a format of disc that would play on any DVD player? If so, what is the advantage of this DVD-ram discs?

6. CHR1S

CHR1S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVD-RAM plays on my Samsung DVD-ROM drive no probs

7. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    The E55 will record on DVD-R which will play on the vast majority of DVD players.

RAM disks are fairly robust and can be re-used many times. They are also available in caddies making them reasonably kid-proof. :)
    The drawback is that not many players can handle RAM.