• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need Cheap MCE/Mediaportal Remote that can control Amp & TV

BiffBoy

Hi,

I am currently building an HTPC that will run with Mediaportal. I will be buying a KB with trackpad for surfing etc but need a remote control that is cheap-ish (£15 or as near as possible) that can do the following:

1) be used with Mediaportal

2) be trained or have code for my Mirai TV & my Denon Amp

any ideas most welcome. Cheers all. :thumbsup:

davidegee

standard MCE remote will do all that. The TV power button and volume buttons are able to learn commands from other remotes.

BiffBoy

Thanks for that but I was thinking of something to do a few more things.

For TV it would need to turn on/off and switch input and possibly the menu too.

For the amp it woud need to turn on/off, choose input, volume and some menu functions.

Would a Harmony 525 (or whatever the basic one is) be able to control Mediaportal? Where could I get an IR port if it did?

davidegee

i use a 525 to control mediaportal. It works pretty much out the box using a MCE receiver. I think i guy on here sells the receiver separately or you can buy with the remote for less than £20.

BiffBoy

I was going to get a 525 but realized that once my PC is build I will only have the amp and the PC to control and can live with 2 remotes. A lot of the excellent functions on the 525 would be totally uneeded by me!

Ended up getting a £6 cybermedia remote from eBuyer.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom