Need Broadband quickly

bloodynora

We're due to complete on a house on the 5th May and move in 20th May. Current owners have BT and all the comparison websites say I can get up to Full Fibre (no Virgin Media). BT have install date May 30th which is too late and most companies operate online without chat or humans to speak with!

I have seen Now has a monthly option (setup fee of £60) which could be a good temporary option but I don't know the install process/timelines.

Anyone have ideas on best option to get internet in 2 weeks - even if it's not fibre?

Can you use your phone as a hotspot for the 10 days till the 30th ? Even if you have to buy extra data - is the house is a good 4G location ? Or even buy a data sim card just for this on month ? Unlikely anyone can install Fibre much quicker that a month.

vacant

Three will let you trial a 4G router for up to two weeks and return it all for free.

(We switched totally to it for a week last November as a test. I gave 30 days notice on our broadband last week and we'll get the 4G router on a 24 month contract in late May)

vacant

Streaming and video calls were fine. Our broadband is reliably 38Mbs and Three's 4G got to 50+. Only 3 or 4MBs needed for streaming.

We had one hour on Monday morning it was slow for unknown reasons (other peoples' phones auto-updating?). I also tried the Three sim in a phone and tethered it. That would do at a push (i.e. go to any provider, just get a sim and no router).

Anyway, Three 4G network isn't too crowded here which was what we needed to estabish. Just keep all the packaging and protective film on the router so everything goes back "as new", it was all free including the GBs of data we used.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom