Need Blue-Ray player with Component out

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by UX50, Feb 24, 2013.

1. UX50

UX50
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My Panasonic BD65 is having problems where the video output starts flickering and then goes blank :mad:

When this happens, the disc carries on playing regardless, the audio continues being sent via the optical output, and my amp lets me know that it's lost the video source. This happens with DVDs and BlueRays after about 20 minutes of play time. The only way to recover is to power the BD player off and on.

I took out a 5 year warranty with Richer Sounds, so I'm OK in terms of getting it replaced. But I can't find anything on the market with component output. I'd specifically bought this player because it has component output, as I've already got quite a decent amp that's pre-HDMI.

Can anyone let me know if any manufacturers still make BD players with component output, or has the copyright agreement killed that off completely now ?

Can anyone recommend an HDMI to component convertor, or will I notice degradation of the image ?

2. The Eggman72

The Eggman72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    since 2010 range they have had the comp outputs hobbled down to SD resolutions only....check the classifieds on here m8....your bound to pick one up to suit your needs in ex cond.....

3. mentm

mentm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +466
    what tv do you have? can you not connect it directly to your tv (via hdmi)?

4. UX50

UX50
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the replies guys. If Richer Sounds can't honour my warranty with a 'new for old', i.e. exact equivalent player, I might resort to getting a refund and buying something 2nd hand.

If that doesn't work out, I might have to resort to HDMI direct to the TV for the video. At least I'll still be able to route the audio through the amp via optical - I do this already with my WD Live-TV box. Problem will be teaching the rest of the family that they need to switch the amp input selector and the TV to HDMI 2 just to watch a BD disc !

5. mentm

mentm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +466
    I know where you are coming from, I now have a Logitech harmony remote though which overcomes that problem :)