Need audio extractor with Vision and ATMOS support

rscott012345

Novice Member
I am struggling to find an audio extractor that will support Dolby Vision and Dolby ATMOS through the HDMI out. It is going to be connected to my Roku Ultra 2020 and my 4K LG OLED tv by non-ARC HDMI. I am going to use the optical audio output to feed my hearing aid tv Bluetooth adapter. I have not been able to find an extractor that supports Vision and ATMOS. Can someone recommend one?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Where are you planning to send the Atmos signal?

Joe

rscott012345

Novice Member
Just trying to get my dang tv adapter to send sound to my hearing aids. Right now it is going from Roku to tv to Sk10y. Used to send optical to tv adapter and then sk10y but changed the DVD player to connect to hdmi1 in on the sound bar and connected the hdmi arc on the tv to hdmi arc on the sound bar to handle sound from any Roku originated programming thru the hdmi arc. Everything works except for my Bluetooth tv adapter gor my hearing aids. Need to extract the audio and send to tv adapter for hearing aids.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
An audio extractor ‘extracts’ audio - if you are trying to play streams which are Surround Sound or Immersive audio encoded your Hearing Aid adapter would have to support those formats.

Try setting the Source to 2.0 - does that work to both the Soundbar and Hearing Aid adapter?

Joe

rscott012345

Novice Member
An audio extractor ‘extracts’ audio - if you are trying to play streams which are Surround Sound or Immersive audio encoded your Hearing Aid adapter would have to support those formats.

Try setting the Source to 2.0 - does that work to both the Soundbar and Hearing Aid adapter?

Joe
I am not trying to get ATMOS to the hearing aid adapter, just need pcm via an optical cable. Need to get ATMOS and Vision to the TV via the hdmi cable.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'I am not trying to get ATMOS to the hearing aid adapter, just need pcm via an optical cable. Need to get ATMOS and Vision to the TV via the hdmi cable' - lots of folk in the same situation with Surround and Immersive formats, the issue is the magic box you require which can pass Atmos on one output plus simultaneously convert, and potentially down-mix to 2.0 LPCM, on a second output either does not exist or will cost a small fortune to licence for any manufacturer.

Some Atmos capable Source devices may offer you simultaneous HDMI + Optical Out with Atmos via HDMI and 2.0 LPCM via Optical.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom