1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Audio and Video that can connect from A pc to 3 tvs in 3 diffrent rooms

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Raksasas, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Raksasas

Raksasas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to figure out how to connect 3 TV's the furthest being around 100 feet away from a (1) pc. these are Flat LCD tv's. Need to be able to hookup audio and video to all three. All three will show the same thing at the same time in the 3 rooms

This TV's out and in puts are:
    Inputs:
    Composite (1); S-video (1); HD componet (2); TV In/Coax (1); DVI-HDCP (1) Audio 7 RCA (L+R); 1 mini-stereo

Output's
    Composite (1); audio RCA (L+R, 1 pair) Headphone jack (1); subwoofer (1)

I'm thinking some type of splitter. and probably going to have to run 2 lines one for Video and one for Audio.

Thanks.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Raksasas

What are you 'outputting' from the PC - composite video doesn't sound very 'inviting'.

If these are Video/Data monitors and your budget allows I'd have thought the DVI In would produce a much better image from a PC.

Best regards

Joe

3. Raksasas

Raksasas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what I have been told it is going to be used to display Powerpoint Presentations and DVD's. But then again i'm use relaying the information that was given to my boss and what my boss has given to me. But it's positive that it will need Video and Audio output from the Tv's.

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Hello Raksasas

You really need to pin down exactly what sources your going to be viewing - if it includes PowerPoint then you need to assume your going with VGA(HD15) or DVI from the PC.

Its relatively straightforward to Distribute the One source to Three Displays and if you have one long run you may require a Signal Amp on that one Output from the Distribution Amp.

If your PC Outputs on HD15(VGA) you may want to consider a new DVI equipped Graphics card - as that may be less costly that trying to convert the HD15(VGA) Analogue signal to a DVI Digital signal before you distribute it.

Best regards

Joe

5. Raksasas

Raksasas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I should state that the PC that will be doing this hasn't been built yet.

6. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Hello Raksasas

Makes it slightly simpler then :)

Ensure the PC has a DVI output - this can then be Distributed to your Three Displays using a Gefen EXT-DVI-145 - see http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=2348

For your 30m (100ft) DVI run you could go with 2 x Gefen DVI-C50 15m copper cables + 1 x DVIMate cable joint; the DVI Distribution amp can drive signals up to 300m.

Alternatively you could go with 1 x Gefen HDTV-100 30m Fibre Optic DVI cable.

That just leaves the shorter cable runs - the Gefen copper DVI cable's are available in a variety of lengths up to and including the 15m cables outlined above.

Your Stereo Audio signal can be Distributed by a conventional unbalanced Distribution amp - or using a Stereo Audio over CAT5 amp/receiver system.

Best regards

Joe

7. Raksasas

Raksasas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not positive if DVI will work. I have yet to see the TV connections in person. I'm just relying information. My boss did email this pic: [​IMG]
    But also the inputs and Outputs that I listed above where from the paper that I was handed. The paper doesn't say what brand of TV's these are. I'll try and get some more infomation.

I wish the picture size was bigger.

8. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Raksasas

I'd guess (hope) there are PC Inputs (+ power) along the underside of the rear of the Monitor.

I'd also suggest waiting until you have the kit in your hands and not rely on spec sheets - there are often many variations on a theme with LCD Monitors.

Best regards

Joe