1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an Alarm clock/CD/MP3/Cassette Player

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Jon12345, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Jon12345

Jon12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've seen clock radios with CD players built in. Are there any that do CD, MP3 and Cassettes?

Regards,

Jon

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    I use a Panasonic portable radio/cassette/CD player with built in clock/alarm to get me up in the morning as I always sleep through a normal alarm clock. It is a few years old and therefore I doubt it will play MP3's, but some newer players should.
    I would think that this would be your best option as I have never seen a dedicated alarm clock with both CD & cassette.

Mark.

3. Jon12345

Jon12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well, the next best thing for me then is something that will just play CD's and MP3. Forget the cassette player.

Any that would do that?

I see some devices are advertised saying they will play CD RW. What does that mean?

Jon

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    CD-RW is a CD that can be erased and rewritten to, just like a cassette but CD quality.
    I bought my mother a CD radio alarm from Sony for Christmas. Don't know if it plays MP3's, but worth taking a look on their web site to check. Sorry, but I do not know the model number.
    Why not look at a portable/midi HiFi unit? They are far more likely to do what you want.

Mark.

5. Jon12345

Jon12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My concern with a MIDI unit is if they have an easy to hit Snooze button. I am a bit..err..dodgy in the mornings!

Jon