• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need Amplifier, Radio and PC Streaming seperates - Budget up to £1.5k

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
You need to be a little more specific. You need a complete system? Amp, Tuner(radio), speakers, and a means of local Network Streaming? But do you need Network Streaming or are you able to connect your computer directly to the stereo system?

So, if I understand as you have stated it so far, this would be the list of equipment you need

* Amplifier+Tuner OR Receiver
* Speakers
* Network Streaming

For those items you have a total of about £1500 to spend.

Is there anything I have missed? Is there anything you would like to change?

Any requirements or restrictions on the speakers? Floorstanding? Bookshelf only? Bookshelf+Sub?

Just as a suggestion to get the ball rolling, consider this -

Yamaha R-N500

80w/ch, AM/FM, DAC-2xOptical, 2xCoaxial, USB-Media, Computer Network Streaming, Internet Streaming, DLNA, Apple AirPlay, PHONO, Sub out, etc...

Dali Ikon 6 MkII Speakers (Pair) for £999.00 in Speakers

Review of the Dali Ikon 6 -

DALI Ikon 6 loudspeaker | Stereophile.com

The above amp is limited to AM/FM, in the era of DAB/DAB+ digital broadcasts, plain AM/FM is of limited value. However, because the amp has Network Streaming, you have access to Internet Radio.

Steve/bluewizard

LRV

Novice Member
Hello vorland and bluewizard

I have a synology NAS with all my ripped compact discs on it. I connect an i pad or smart phone to a denon (from ebay) amplifier to access and play music from NAS over wi fi through very old technics speakers (second hand donkeys years ago) using cheap n nasty wire from the electric shop. Hardly a glamorous set up. Access to more radio than I could ever need via t'interweb. I occasionally take a notion for a streaming device but my wee set up works a treat and I hate wrestling with tech that won't co-operate.

Regards
Lee

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom