need amplifier advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by fatrich, Jul 12, 2001.

1. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    can any one help me at the moment i have a pioneer vsa-e07 amplifier very happy with it but it lacks the ultimate grunt, so i'am thinking of changing it for a bigger amp something like a the older denon avc-a1d i can't afford the avc-a1se it's out of my price range at the moment.Can any one out there tell me if this would be a change for the better or suggest an alternative.
    bye the way does any one know where's the best place to buy a new or second hand denon avc-a1d on the web/retailer

thanks

fatrich

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about using your Pioneer as a pre-amp/processor and buying a power amp such as the Rotel 1075 which has 120 watts output on all five channels. You can get the Rotel for less than £800. I used to use a Yamaha 592 in this way and it was great. The Rotel is just brilliant and I now use mine with a Tag Mclaren AV32R processor.

3. george1138

george1138

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can vouch for the AVC A1D I had one for a while and loved it. Superb amp. If it wasnt for the A1SE I would still have it! You should notice quite a difference. The power amp idea is also worth thinking about. Give them both a demo and see what you think. Hope this helps a bit

4. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    check out the classifieds.I have seen them from time to time. I would imagine they go fairly quickly if they are priced reasonably, so be quick.

Regards Rob.