1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need all your help pls - want a 15/17" LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Lardinio, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Lardinio

Lardinio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there,
    After many good years, 12 infact, my trusty Nokia 14" crt tv has packed in. I am looking to replace with either 15/17" lcd tv. I have no idea what the best on the market is, or if there are any I should avoid. I have this absurd idea that Panasonic are the best because they offer the best 'black contrast' - is this the wrong terminology!?! You know what I mean.

Things that matter to me (but in no particular order) are:
    Picture Definition
    Black Contrast
    Style (prefer to see screen to speakers, buttons and plastic)
    Cost
    Build Quality
    1 Scart Socket for my Digisender.

I'm not really bothered about the brand. It's a kitchen TV so sound capability is a nice to have but not really that important. I don't know anything about menu structures, how hard can it be?

Which product should I go for? Any advice would be thoroughly appreciated as I'm very much in the dark on this one.

Thx

2. Lurking Lawyer

Lurking Lawyer
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,078
    Anyone....? :lease:

I'm in almost exactly the same position - around £400 (max) to spend on a 15 or 17" LCD TV for the bedroom but I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this sort of stuff . I've been doing a bit of research of my own but so far haven't identified any obvious market leaders which are head and shoulders above the rest in terms of value for money or spec.

Any words of wisdom from the enlightened among you would be very welcome! :)

(First post too, so go easy on the new guy! ;) )

3. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Ive just bought the DMtech 17" widescreen LCD with built in DVD player for £400 from Comet (JL do it as well) Im dead impressed with it maybe worth you looking? (theres a thread a bit down, or just search 'DMtech')

Looks great fed from either my NTL box or from the DVD (which can be made multiregion) Not tried a normal RF feed though so cant comment on that im afraid