1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need advise on which psp to get

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by usdiver, Sep 10, 2005.

1. usdiver

usdiver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, I'm a newbie and just recently got my hands on a psp and needless to say am really impressed. I usually can't play handheld games but this one seemed to be ok for me. Need advice though for when I go to get one. I live in the uk but want to get games from the us. Also was told that the uk psp is a lot better quality than the us psp. I just want to get the best one. Also is there any way of unlocking these to play different region movies, and games? thanks in advance.

2. mutamist

mutamist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    The games aren't region coded so you can play any game on any PSP.

The films are region coded and as far as I have heard there is no crack yet so if you get a UK PSP you can't play films from America and vice versa.

The advantage of the US/Japanese PSPs is that they may come with 1.50 firmware which means you can play homebrew games (emulators that you load onto your memory sticck). The advantage of using the UK PSP with a 2.0 upgrade is that you get a web browser on your PSP. Rumour has it that a crack for 2.0 is being worked on anyway so homebrew may be an option for UK PSPs down the line.

I bought my PSP last week and the homebrew option didn't interest me particularly swo I went for a UK PSP. I'm was also worried that if I bought an import PSP and it went wrong I'd have more trouble getting it fixed than a UK version.

3. VinceVega

VinceVega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same here! I waited for the UK PSP, Sony's customer service is top so any probs you got something to fall back on.

My UK PSP came with Firmware 1.52 but the UMD demo disk had the 2.0 upgrade on it so it was my choice to do it, homebrew sucks anyway, who wants to play dum ass versions of snake anyway, rock on burnout and ridge racer.

All different region games play on all psp's, i got a UK psp but got Hot Shots golf US off ebay for £25 works sweet.

The only thing is you can't play link up games with different versions of the same game ie UK ridge racer with UK ridge racer is OK! but not UK with US or UK with JAP (so i have heard not tested it yet) so if you have friends with a PSP just get the same games the PSP doesn't matter and if you do fancy a UMD you can play UK ones (and maybe JAP ones as there reg 2 like uk, not tested it yet. but jap dvds work!!!)

Get your self a 1gb mem stick and you don't need umds anyway. the sound and pis are alot better on umds but i got StarWars Ep4 down to 350mb and slamed it on my 512 stick and its nice and watchable!!!

Later

VV