1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advise on purchase

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ReHaBWales, Feb 1, 2003.

1. ReHaBWales

ReHaBWales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to buy a camcorder in a couple of weeks but I'm a complete NooB. I would like to be able to edit and already have the Firewire port and software. Also the camcorder has to be really small, pocket sized really. Any suggestions? The little sonys look good. Does anyone have any links to reviews of good small camcorders?

2. Eee-Tee

Eee-Tee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A word of warning- whilst its useful to have a cam thats compact, some people have found that some of the small ones are uncomfortable to use/ ommit useful features because of the size
    Worth keeping in mind...

3. ReHaBWales

ReHaBWales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since my last post I've gone out and bought a few magazines and have come down to a few choices (I think) I like the JVC DVP7 I did consider the sony ip& but it uses micro MV so thats out. Then theres the Panasonic NVE-EX21B I haven't been able to find much out about this camera but the specs look OK.

4. edsm

edsm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sony is bringing out a new serie of camcorders(in march) which are smaller and cheaper than the old models!
    look at www.letsgodigital.co.uk

5. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,265
    If you are not in a rush, most manufacturers will be introducing new models in March/April Alternatively, you can get an end of line bargan from the current range.