Need advie on headphones.

river123

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My equipment consists of a Yamaha a3050 amp, Sky Q, Ps4 Pro,Oppo 203, Oled B6. I currently use Sony Playstation headphones but want a replacement that doesnt restrict me to Playstation only. I game a lot but would like to be able to use headphones for Sky and Spotify as well as gaming. Am i better off with wired headphones into my amp or bluetooth (not sure where you would plug the usb stick into} Recommendations for both would be great, my budget could be up to £300 or is that too much?

If you are willing to use open headphones (leak sound in and out) then the Sennheiser HD600 would be a good choice, or the Beyerdynamic DT990.

If you want closed back, I would highly recommend the Meze 99 Classics or Neo.

I bought a pair of Audeze Mobius Planner headphones mostly for gaming but work perfectly connected via BT to my LG OLED TV too.

Best headphones I've heard for sound quality and I've used or had a few including Sen HD800 & HD660S, B&W, Sony, ATech etc.

Can use wired 3.5mm or Bluetooth or USB but do need charging (other than via USB).

I use mine BT to LG C7 OLED, USB to PC and USB/BT/3.5mm to my phone/DAP

As of this post Amazon had for under £300

£293.16 & Eligible for FREE UK Delivery. Details
Used - Like New

Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

Amazon Warehouse

Fulfilled by Amazon

• Want delivery by Friday, 25 October? Order it in the next 2 hours

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi psikey,
Re Audeze Mobius,Thanks for your reply as this looks promising for me. I'm used to a Sony playstation headset with a usb stick that has a charging lead from the console to the headphones. Sorry for being a dummy but how and where and what is the charging procedure for when connecting to my Lg B6 oled? I presume the wired connecting lead option is short in length?

Last edited:
The Yamaha has a good 6.35mm headphone socket. If you run all your equipment into the receiver then you can access them all through the Yamaha's headphone. It will need a fully wired pair and there have been several good recommendations made above. You should also be able to use the Play Stations audio if that is connected to the Yamaha as well.

Hi psikey,
Re Audeze Mobius,Thanks for your reply as this looks promising for me. I'm used to a Sony playstation headset with a usb stick that has a charging lead from the console to the headphones. Sorry for being a dummy but how and where and what is the charging procedure for when connecting to my Lg B6 oled? I presume the wired connecting lead option is short in length?

Headphones hold ~ 10hr of charge. Just use over BT to the LG OLED TV then just charge occasionally from my phone charger. It charges over USB so if your going continuously over 10 hrs! You could have a long USB from a USB power connector plugged in while listening over BT. I've not tried this myself as I've never listened solidly for more than 3hrs let alone 10!

Think with the PS4 it will only work via the 3.5mm connection directly. You'll have to read up about any issues with PS4 unless its also connected to your LG OLED so will get audio out via TV BT to Mobius.

If you get from Amazon themselves you can easily return if not suitable. Wired via USB or 3.5mm are typical short leads but standard so can get longer cables as needed.

I don't do online gaming so never have the microphone plugged into mine.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom