Need advice

Lsj

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks, new guy here, just needing some assistance.
I am putting in some infrastructure for a work building. Basically it is an AMFM antenna on a second story roof, as well as a Sirius Antenna, to a small lab on the ground floor.
The lab is currently not getting ANY AM/FM or sat signal at all, and I have several radios that require getting these signals in the lab.

What I have done so far:

Pole mounted the antennas and from there, ran 300 feet of 75 Ohm RG-6 into the room I need it to go.

The AMFM antenna:
Amazon product ASIN B006SLV25C
The Sirius XM antenna:

So, now that the RG6 is down in the room for both antennas, I tried connecting this antenna on the other end of the coax (using a coax coupler since both ends are female) to the AM/FM cable.

Amazon product ASIN B00008N9M7
When I try turning on a small radio in the lab and tuning, I get no signal. My questions:

What am I missing here? Do I need a repeater or amplifier since my cables are 300 feet long? Do you have any suggestions on which to buy if that is the case?
Is this even possible or do i need to direct connect my radios with a splitter?
What about Sirius? Will another antenna like the one on the roof provide signal?

Please do help if possible.

It should be noted here as well that I do not want to direct connect the radios in my lab if i can help it. I would like to simply have them be able to get radio signal from the outside antenna. So I guess I just need to know what is capable of that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom