Need advice....

H

HiFi Enthusiast

I have Dynaudio M20 driven by Rotel RC-1570 preamp and RB-1552mk2 power amp.
I am thinking of upgrading M20 (£600) speakers to Dynaudio Evoke 10 which is double the price of M20. My worry is that I don't want to end up paying for a "little improvement" Improvements in sound quality should be substantial for me to justify upgrade to Evoke 10. That goes for any other hifi equipment.
Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:

Helix Hifi

My opinion is that new speakers don’t necessarily make the sound better. You can get perfect sound at a certain point, then you can lose all the magic in the first place. Dynaudio on the other hand sounds incredible. Silky smooth treble, warm midrange, deep punchy bass. What exactly are you missing now. More warmth, better resolution? Good luck.

H

HiFi Enthusiast

Thanks for your comment.
I will keep my Dynaudio Emit M20. In the mean time I will have to find something else to keep my mind off my HiFi system while I am self isolating...

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
The evokes will certainly be an improvement.

Only you can decide if the better sound is worth the outlay.

If you enjoy the M20s then you will very likely enjoy the Evokes more.

H

HiFi Enthusiast

Upgrading to Evoke 10 was just an idea anyway. I will keep my M20s and forget about upgrading my hifi system. M20s are great speakers anyway. It's best to leave it alone, otherwise there is no end to upgrading, and very costly.

dogfonos

It will be interesting (well, almost) to see how non-essential consumer spending trends have been affected by the pandemic. The Office for National Stats. presents this info. to the end of 2019 but has yet to publish data for 2020:

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom