Question Need advice samsung or sony

cuky89

Novice Member
Hi everyone,
i currently cant decide what TV to choose so maybe you can help me.
I am watching Sony KDL50W809c & Samsung UE48JU7000 , price is not an issue here. I watched many reviews and still cant decide.
My primary use of tv would be to use it as pc monitor for playing games at 1080p , watching movies 1080p brrips from yify , 720p hdtv tv shows and 720p iptv sports everything on PC. Smart function is not really necessary because is always connected to PC. Which one of this tvs should give me better picture quality for whatching these materials. I am little bit sceptic about this samsung because everything is upscaled to 4k resolution, and i don't think that 4k content (movies , tv shows...) will be any time soon available. My watching distance is around 2 meters (around 7ft). So i am afraid when watching 720p content on 4k will give me blurry picture. So if you can help me or suggest a better tv 48-50" for my purposes i would appreciate.
Thanks in advance , and sorry on my bad English.

Last edited:

Old Bones

Go to a store and see - a decent 4K like the Samsung upscales very well, and using it a monitor shouldn't be a big problem. The Sony is a very decent set, but of course you can't watch 4K on it. A decent store will show you 720p footage (BBC1 HD!) on both, so you can judge for yourself.

I'd throw the Sony 49in x83 into the mix, because thats a good 4K panel, and prices are not a huge amount different from the other two.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom