1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice please.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Pezerinno, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Hi, right this is my dilema.

I have £1400 to spend on a new computer monitor, the computer will be used for many things including digital TV and DVD's. Due to LCD computer monitors not scaling to well I've decided to get a standard 1600x1200 computer LCD for pc stuff then buy a LCD TV with the remainder of the cash.

I was originally going to buy a digital TV card so I could get freeview as well as have PVR functions. Also I wouldn't want to use the speakers that come with the LCD TV but instead use the logitech Z5500 5.1 speakers which would be connected to a Augidy 2 ZS sound card.

Obviously I want the 20" computer LCD connected to these speakers and the computer (graphics card will be 2x6800u's btw - looking for DVI not VGA) is there a way I could get a LCD TV but also connect it to the computer so I can get freeview channnels from the digital TV card, as well as being able to record tv shows to my hard disk and also use the DVDrom drive from the computer to play DVD's on the LCD TV?

Also what LCD TV would you recommend? There will be around £900 to play with (after I've bought the computer monitor), Are there any LCD TV's which don't come with speakers or speakers that you can remove? I want it to be a widescreen of 23" or above.

I've just become a student and am in halls of residence, as you can imagine the room is quite small so this will all be going on my desk (although the desk is quite large)

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks, Nick. :)

2. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Would a Toshiba 27WL46 be a good choice for my situation?