1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice please (help)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pugs, May 4, 2003.

1. pugs

pugs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a marantz 4300 av reciever and need help as to what to connect to it . Im sorry but I like to listen to music as well as watch dvd`s so need speakers to do the amp justice . Do i deffinatly need a subwoofer as I have Mission 771s as fronts and rears at the moment , is that a bad choice . Also what sort of cd player should I buy to accompany the unit , I have been thinking on the Marantz cd6000 . Please help as need advice quite badly . Or should I just sell it and buy a Normal hifi amp for music and forget about the home cinema experience ???:confused: :suicide:

2. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget about it if you're enjoying it :)

The CD6000 is a great player, I have one myself. As for adding sub, many people on these forums are enjoying home cinema systems without a sub, your floorstanders bass output should be able to make up for a lack of sub to some extent. Although a sub does improve things quite a bit, more to the point where you 'feel' explosions as well as hear them.

From reviews I've read the SR4300 is a great AV receiver for music, although bare in mind that a dedicated stereo amp at the same price will sound a lot better for music than your 4300.

3. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sunday Ironfoot - 771s are standmounters, not floorstanders.

No you haven't made a bad choice with your speakers (not that I'm biased or anything). If you're looking for a budget subwoofer I'd recommend either a Yamaha YSTSW320 or a Wharfedale PC10A. In terms of CD Players I'd recommend the Marantz CD6000KI over the OSE, as it offers superior performance.

And keep your SR4300 and everything else you currently own as in its price sector it'll be all you need for music and movies.

Other suggestions include upgrading your 771 fronts to 773e floorstanders which are available from Richer Sounds for £169.99.

4. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The other 'popular' option is to add a stereo amp, using this to link the output from the CD player to your main speakers, and using playing the sound from the DVD player into the AVamp (your 4300) and out again via the front L/R pre-outs into the stereo amp.

But that can be for a later day.

ditton