1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice: PJ-TX100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ibanez100, Nov 7, 2004.

1. ibanez100

ibanez100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been told by my local dealer that this is THE projector. But ive been reading through the forum and seens like AE 700 and Z3 are the popular ones. Anyone tested the Tx100? How does it compare to AE 700? The TX is also more expensive.Is it a good buy? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

2. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did a search on google and the TX100 is cheaper than the Z3 and Ae700. It looks like it is in the same league as the Z2 and Ae500 and I think it has been out a year now allong with the Z2 and Ae500. The Z3 and Ae700 belong to this years line and are arround £1300.

http://www.projectorpoint.co.uk/Hitachi_PJ-TX100.htm - £1068

3. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also forgot to mention the new line of projectors seem to be offering arround 2000:1 contrast ratios where as last years (like the TX100) offer around 1200:1, which means the new ones will offer better blacks and make the picture better. Personally if your in the market for a projector I would look at this years stock.

4. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually on second read it doesnt sound like a bad projector:-
    http://www.progressive-av.com/projectors/hitachi_pj-tx100.htm
    I notice it has 1200 Luminems which would equate to
    almost being able to use it with some lights on.

Also has a good throw ratio as far as I can tell.

Depends on what you want it for and where in the room you want to put it. Can you give us more details.

Cheers
    Robert.

5. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    TX 100 isn't that old, but it does use the same panels as the Z2 and AE500 i believe, although seems to have less of the VB problems. A few places have it for a few ££ short of £1k at the moment, i'm thinking of getting one myself.

6. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,038
    I use the TX100 in my system, and I'm delighted with it. AFAIK, it only came out around 5 months ago, and should be seen as an upgrade to the Z2 and the AE500.

Originally I owned a Z2, which was bought after comparison to the AE500. I only went to demo the TX100 because a friend was interested in one, and I walked out with one to, after a direct comparison to another Z2 in the shop.

Its one of the best projector bargains currently available IMO

7. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Z2, AE500 and TX100 all use the same Epson panel (that also features in Epson TW200 and TW500). The Z3 and AE700 also use this same panel.

8. ibanez100

ibanez100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help. Sounds like i cant go wrong with the TX100. I come from a rather small city in Norway. Have only been able to demo the Hitachi TX100 and some infocus models. So im depending on you guys when it comes to other models:) Ive been put of the AE 700 because of the VB. But picture wise. Blacks and colors, is there a big difference between the TX 100 and AE 700. Or is it like picking a car? (BMW or Mercedes.. if you know what i mean) Do i have to worry about Hitachi coming ut with a new model anytime soon? Thanks again

9. Palu

Palu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Look at www.cine4home.de for a test and calibration options. If you calibrate this unit its awesome. I have one (calibrated), its great.

10. Palu

Palu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Look at www.cine4home.de for a test and calibration options. If you calibrate this unit its awesome. I have one (calibrated), its great.
    I ve paid € 1700 (EURO) including extensive calibration at 200 hours, 1000 hours and every next 1000 hours. (Holland)

11. manhar

manhar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Palu,
    Is there an english version of this link? Its in German!

12. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    manhar - I use this translation tool :)

13. Smith2004

Smith2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    I am a newcomer to projectors and have just bought a TX100. My first impressions of it are very good- its very easy to set up and is very sharp and very bright, even in daylight. I don't have a screen yet and am projecting on to a white wall, however the picture is excellent.

14. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Me and a friend bought the tx100 about 4 or 5 months ago, we're both very impressed. Regards to VB, mine has some VB although it honestly doesnt bother me anymore, its really not too bad, but my friends unit has absolutely NO VB at all, and i have had a damn good look for it :D lucky git...

If i was to buy another PJ today, i would still buy a tx100, for the price im sure you wont be dissappointed :)

15. Whyshirley

Whyshirley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd echo everything that has been said about the TX100 so far :thumbsup: - it's a great projector for the money. I have no VB on mine, and from what has been said on other threads here and on AVS I get the impression that they don't tend to suffer VB as often / badly as other projectors we could mention ;)... Maybe Hitachi's setup / QC checks are better?

I'd say that although you might not get the contrast / black levels that you would from a PT AE700 or Z3, it is still a mighty fine picture and a great first projector, IMO.