Need Advice on Speak system to buy

Ploiz

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, ive just Purchased a

Yamaha RX-V677, I figured i could connect my Samsung all in 1 System to it, aswell as 2 Panasonic Hi-fi Speakers, and a Sony GTKXBT1 to it, But ive realised The all in one system wont sound good, and that my Subs are Passive, So im thinking of buying a new 5.1 or 7.1 System to go with it..

Planning to primarily use this system for LOUD music by the way.

My budget is arround £250 - 350

So far the ones ive found are..

Superfi - Tannoy HTS101 5.1 Speaker System

Superfi - Tannoy TFX5.1 Home Cinema Speaker System

Superfi - Wharfedale DX1 HCP 5.1 Home Cinema Speaker System

Problem is i dont know much about these things, and if any of those are any good or if i Should be looking for something else.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If loud music was your priority then you should have probably bought a stereo amp and not an AVR to be honest as this would do the job better IMHO.
A sub/sat system (especially at the budget end of the market) is never going to be great with music either as they rely too much on the sub. Also Tannoy/Wharfedale speakers may not be the best match for the Yamaha receiver you have. The receiver also deserves much better speakers than the ones you are looking at to get the best from it.
Given your budget I would be looking at a pair of speakers to start and something like the Monitor Audio BX range or Focal 700 series or Dali Zensor.
This could also be an option but again not sure if a good match to the receiver although a lot will depend on personal sound preference so it could work:
Superfi - Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Speakers & SW150 Subwoofer 2.1 Speaker Package

I see, Monitor BX's look expensive from what i can find,

This one looks like the best ive found by far:

Consono 35 Mk3 : Buy online at Teufel

If i got that i could buy a pair of wharefdale Diamondbacks aswell to go with it

Last edited:
For music the BX2 would be better especially given your receiver.

Ok thank you for all your help, Think im going to get BX2's & a Tuefel 5.1 System for now, that shud be good enough for my Room

Room - dimensions?

'Planning to primarily use this system for LOUD music by the way' - are you planning on 'party' levels?

If you want loud Music you are better off replacing any Hi-Fi or Home Cinema kit with entry level Pro gear by the likes of Behringer - it sounds good and can take the punishment the 'Consumer' grade kit is not built for.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom