1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on power amps for rear speakers with Lexicon MC1

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Timmy C, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I'm considering upgrading the power amps for my side and rear speakers but don't know how much I should be looking to spend for a worthwhile improvement. I'm currently using a pair of Arcam 290p's (same as Alpha 9p) with a Lexicon MC1 processor and Monitor Audio silver fxi speakers. I've bi-amped the fronts with Arcam P25/P35 but don't really want to spend that sort of cash on rear power amps. A single box solution would be nice.

Would a Rotel 1075 be an improvement or more of a side step? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Sab

Sab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Get yourself a poweramp from the Apha range second hand - on Ebay if you want. The Rotel 1075 would be much more powerful but the speakers it will drive will sound different - different tone.

You have a good processor. Why not consider a seven channel poweramp secondhand or even a new Arcam DIVA poweramp coming to the shops soon and that only costs 1500 pounds.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,464
    Timmy c

Have a look at our latest offer on the Flying Mole DAD-M100Pro range of mono power amplifiers - you can add these in pairs as and when budget allows; the miniature chassis allows you to place them next to your loudspeakers if required/preferable.

See http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143920

Best regards

Joe