1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice on Multi-Remote

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by dj_johnnyg, Oct 15, 2004.

1. dj_johnnyg

dj_johnnyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am currently on the lookout for a decent (but not really expensive) remote control to run my AV system.

I have one of the Kameleon remotes, which has a great feature that means it turns itself on, and buzzes away when you do nothing, but pick it up and shake it, press buttons etc... it does nothing, then finally comes on.

Anyway, I digress, the main problem with this remote is that it will not drive my Sony STR-DB930 Receiver. I think this is because the remote with the amp is a two-way system, which receives signals from the amp to tell the remote what "state" it is in.

I don't want to use the remote that came with the amp, as I think it is too clumsy and all the features are hidden away in sub menus, and the menu button/scroll button is tempremental (spelling?) at best!

The rest of the kit is as follows....

DVD - Pioneer 575
    TV - Pioneer PD-435XDE (When it turns up!)
    SKY+ - Pace v2 Box

Any ideas?

I'm maybe thinking about changing my AMP possibly, so if I did that would that make remote finding easier?

2. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can program the Kameleon using JP1, which would enable you to make it work your Sony receiver.

3. dj_johnnyg

dj_johnnyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry,

I should have been more clear.

The Remote will allow me to alter the volume, and some other bits, but not do things like change source.

Changing Source is the main thing I want to do, as I use the Amp for Audio Switching.

Any ideas?

The Kameleon is really driving me mad :suicide:

4. dj_johnnyg

dj_johnnyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem Solved.

Still find the Kameleon annoys me so any ideas for a decent learning remote would be appreciated.