Need advice on DISC player

kah22

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive just discovered that my old DVD player hasn't the right connections for my Samsung Smart TV.

Now I do appreciate that blu ray is the way to go, if only because they have greatly fallen in price lately, but I'm not to sure what to opt for.

I'm not a great DVD watcher. It is almost always TV and Netflix, but I would watch the odd film.
My Samsung is smart: Netflix, YouTube, BBC, etc., and is 3 d ready. That said I do like to record and have piles of stuff on my Humax HDR recorder. It's connected to the TV

Given the above can anyone offer a bit of advice on what to opt for: cheep and cheerful, or something that will complement my Samsung a little more. Recommendations welcomed

I'm assuming that because my TV is smart that I don't need a smart player, am I correct? What about the 3D bit, if the TV is 3D ready do I need a special player? Do blu rays record - is that a practical option

As always many thanks for your advice

Kevin

Your old DVD player WILL connect to your new Samsung Tv. It's always a good idea to give model nos when asking for advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom