1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on buying a GOOD 6.1 satellite/sub setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by n0s, Jul 26, 2005.

1. n0s

n0s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pre wired room and it is wired for 6.1 so no use in buying a 7.1 amp and speakers, so ill be buying a 6.1 Cambridge Audio 540 reciever, now i need a nice 6.1 speaker set to use, they key is they have to be small, and wall mountable, im talking small, the room has a low ceiling and is about 4m*4m ...

So what do you guys suggest, i have about 1K to spend...

Thanks for all the help!!!
    n0s

2. Petey

Petey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi,

I have a 5.1 speaker system for sale that would fit your specification.

Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 80.5
    4x Pro Monitor 80
    1x Pro Center 100

I also have a Rel Strata subwoofer to complete the package. The speakers are very small and wall mountable, they sound brilliant as well.

http://www.definitivetech.com/reviews/PrCn80HT.pdf

You can have this system for £550 which is well under your budget.

I know you're after 6.1, but you could easily sourse another pair Pro Monitor 80s, there is actually a pair right now on ebay.com for $26 I believe. If you told the seller you're willing to pay for international post I'm sure you could get these for a bargain price.

You may not even feel the need to go to 6.1 straight away once you heard how good they sound as 5.1 anyway. From my own experience I've not heard a huge leap in quality, if any going from 5.1 to 6.1.