Need advice on an RC

TrampleDown

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've found quite a low-priced MCE remote on ebay that I'm interested in.

Im probably in the minority but I honestly don't see why so many remotes have built-in screens these days. True I haven't bought one in years but anyway, for my needs, the visual stuff is all on my TV so all I need is a lot of buttons that are well-placed, tactile and can be easily used without looking at the remote every 2 seconds.

Windows Media Centre MCE remote control, 2.4GHz, Vista on eBay (end time 31-Oct-09 23:02:42 GMT)

It's 'certified for Vista' on the box but does anyone know if it will work with XP?

--I bought quite a cheap MCE remote before from Maplin for £20 and I couldn't get it to work with XP. When I connect the IR receiver I get some info saying "Snowflake emulation". And after a quick automatic windows search for a driver online, it reports unsuccessful installation.

Tried google a bit and couldn't find anything of use. (the company who makes the remote is next to invisible on the net!)

Obviously don't want to go down this path again! But AM on a limited budget and don't want anything with a screen if possible.

Can anyone assist (with my XP <> Vista query)?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom