Need advice on a 85" TV for PC and gaming

Lev80

Standard Member
Hello!

Currently Looking for a LED 85" TV mainly for PC use/gaming and console gaming, something that supports HDMI 2.1 4k120fps. With the lowest input lag as possible.
Looking for picture quality and performance. My seating position is ~ 4 meters away from the screen center.
I Don't care at all about smart features nor build in speaker quality as I wont use that at all.

My budget is around $2500 up to $4000.

Here is a picture of my current setup.
Cheers for any advice and help 🍻

pp1.jpg

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Sony 85xj95

tvdavid

Sony XH900 if its in 85-inch size if not there will be a 75 inch or the LG CX 77 inch may be over though.

Dodgexander

XH9505?

You're choices should be made easier by lack of products in Europe.

On the Samsung front it will be the Q95T.

2021 models like the X95J/QN90 will probably be overpriced right now.

8k models are very, very overpriced usually. Either that or you take a downgrade in picture quality for the sake of one.

Panasonic, LG, Philips, TCL, Hisense etc are not competitive at this size and price range at all.

Lev80

Standard Member
Sony XH900 if its in 85-inch size if not there will be a 75 inch or the LG CX 77 inch may be over though.
TVdavid, Thanks.
I looked at the XH900 but the seller said that the Sony Bravia KE-85XH90 is way better but he didn't elaborate on why, Also the 32 something local dim zones put me off as I saw it in action and thought that its too little for a panel of that size.

A 75" is not on the table for me.

Last edited:

Lev80

Standard Member
XH9505?

You're choices should be made easier by lack of products in Europe.

On the Samsung front it will be the Q95T.

2021 models like the X95J/QN90 will probably be overpriced right now.

8k models are very, very overpriced usually. Either that or you take a downgrade in picture quality for the sake of one.

Panasonic, LG, Philips, TCL, Hisense etc are not competitive at this size and price range at all.
Dodgexander, Cheers.
I will look at the XH9505, But It is not a 120Hz panel as it seems .Available here slightly over my budget but not by far.
Samsung is not an alternative as I have had multiple bad experience with them over the years, mostly dead pixel related issues, both on PC monitors and TV panels combined. I just Don't trust them.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom